Blood Orange Essential Oil
$ 25.00 AUD
100% Pure Blood Orange essential oil
Blood oranges are part of the same family or citrus fruits as the Sweet Orange, it is considered a hybrid between pomelo and tangerine with a brighter and slightly more tart aroma.
This cold pressed oil has a great number of benefits and produces a very aromatic essential oil.
The natural chemical components of this citrus-based essential oil have antibacterial properties making it a great option to disinfect and help to prevent infections of cuts and wounds, as well as helping to clear airborne bacteria if diffused.
Blood Orange essential oil can be quite beneficial to reduce anxiety levels. Studies have even shown that it can be used by women during labour to relief to release anxiety and stress in a non-invasive way.
It can be helpful as an antispasmodic when having muscle cramps, nerve twitches and even continuous coughing could be alleviated when diffusing the oil in the room.
Blood Orange essential oil top benefits:
- Mild sedative for anxiety relief
- Can be used during labour to release stress
- Mood booster - aphrodisiac
- Helps reduce pains
- Lowers blood pressure
- Immunity enhancer
- To be used to relieve anxiety during labour, add 5 drops on a diffuser and inhale during 2 hour periods during the first stage of labour.
- To boost your immune system during the cold and flu season, add to your diffuser 5 drops of Blood Orange, 3 drops of Clove and 1-2 drops of Ginger essential oil to get rid of airborne bacteria, fungus, mould and shield your immune system during the colder days. This is also part of our Immune Force Essential Oil Kit.
- To create a DIY home cleaning product, add 10 drops on 1 litre of water and add a few drops of Eucalyptus oil and Clove oil to create an antibacterial and antifungal multi-purpose cleaner for surfaces.
- Make a natural room spray to add a summery feeling to your home by adding a few drops of oil into a water bottle with a spritz. Use within two weeks of preparation.
- For topical usage, dilute the oil with a carrier oil (like Jojoba, Argan or Coconut oil) and apply it to moisturise your skin. Alternatively, you can add 3 - 4 drops into your body wash or lotion.
Citrus, tangy, fresh aroma of squeezed blood oranges