5 Best Essential Oils for Sleep Diffuser Blends
As you may already know, not sleeping right can have a huge impact on our lives. You know it goes - we become more easily irritable, and stressed by our lack of energy and ability to focus.
Whether it’s sleeping an insufficient amount of hours or not sleeping deeply enough, the causes for lack of sleep could really be anything; from anxiety, to stress, to simply having too much light in the room. But whatever may be keeping you from getting the rest you deserve, the aromatherapeutic benefits of using essential oils for sleep are just about one of the best natural remedies you could try.
In this post, we’ll tell you about some of the best essential oils to create the perfect sleep diffuser blend to make sure you are well-rested, and ready to seize the day.
Why Is Sleep Important?
Having a good night’s sleep is one of the healthiest things we can do for our state of mind and wellbeing. Although we might think of sleep as a time for our mind and body rest and shut down, what happens is quite the opposite. Sleeping is crucial for our body since it’s the only time it actually has to regenerate, regain its strengths, and process all the information and emotions that were experienced throughout the day.
Put simply, sleeping correctly is the first step in having a successful day. The more we are able to rest, the more likely we are to perform better in all aspects of everyday life - at work, in school, in parenting, and when taking care of our own mind through self-care and mindfulness practices.
How Do Essential Oils For Sleep Work?
Essential oils are basically a form of exercising aromatherapy. They work by stimulating the nervous system and parts of the brain that are in charge of managing, controlling and feeling emotions.
When it comes to finding ways to sleep better, some of the greatest contributions of essential oils is to provide a relaxing and soothing space for you to unwind. Using essential oils for sleep can help stir the mind away from concerns and worries, and towards a place of rest and calm.
Essential Oils For Sleep
Lavender - Lavender essential oil for sleep purposes is probably the most common and original use for it; even since ancient times. It has incredible aromatherapeutic benefits that promote sleep by relaxing and calming your senses.
- Cedarwood - A woody aroma that reconnects you to nature. Using cedarwood essential oil for sleep is one of the best ways to calm the nervous system. It helps create a peaceful space to meditate, be at peace with yourself and prepare you for a good night of resting and restrengthening your mind.
- Patchouli - Organic patchouli essential oil is quite unknown compared to other popular essential oils for sleep. But it actually has some of the most useful and well-rounded properties to battle sleep deprivation, and keep you in an optimal frame of mind. It promotes feelings of joy and happiness as part of its antidepressant and mood-enhancing benefits. It’s definitely one of the most recommendable essential oils for sleep and anxiety.
- Frankincense - Much like lavender essential oils, frankincense is also one of the oldest natural remedies for relaxing, and soothing the mind. For times when you’re feeling particularly stressed or anxious, this essential oil should be your go-to. A few drops inside your diffuser can help reduce the symptoms of anxiety and uplift your spirit by revitalizing positive thoughts. No one wants to go to bed in a negative state of mind!
- Eucalyptus - Native to Australia, improving your quality of sleep with a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil is an excellent way to do it. Its properties include reducing muscle ache, and in refreshing your airways. Eucalyptus essential oils also help to create a larger sense of mental clarity, which is very helpful when wanting to enhance your sleep.
Sleep Diffuser Blends
Of course, there are many more essential oils that are optimal for a good night’s rest. The way that essential oils interact with each other in a diffuser have incredible ways of generating optimal results as well.
You are more than free to create your sleep diffuser blend, but here are two of our own that we think work wonders to create amazing moments of tranquility and calmness to help us rest and relax. We recommend that right before you head to bed, place up to three drops of each essential oils into your diffuser, and let it run throughout the night.
- Relaxing Pack (Lavender, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus) - This is the ultimate essential oil sleep diffuser blend. Containing three of our top essential oils for sleep, its aromas will fill the room with everything you need to calm your senses, ease the mind, and relax your body to enjoy a full night of deep sleep. The feeling of waking up well-rested and in a peaceful state.
- Afternoon Tea (Lavender, Rosemary, Sweet Orange) - This trio is perfect if you’re looking to create a positive resting space. The citrus and herbaceous aromas play to uplift your spirits, while lavender stirs your mind and body to a point of serenity. Perfect for warm afternoon naps as well!
Other Ways of Using Essential Oils For Sleep
Some of the best blends of essential oils for sleep don’t only come in their pure form. They can also be equally as effective inside massage oils, and body mists.
Our relaxing gift pack is not only an excellent gift idea for someone else, but also for yourself! It includes a relaxing body massage oil as well as a bedtime mist with essential oils like lavender, ylang-ylang, patchouli, and sweet orange. This pack is incredibly equipped and well-rounded for you to enjoy as many aromatherapeutic benefits as possible.
- The Bedtime Mist helps create the ultimate environment that promotes sleep and reduces stress, while comforting and repairing any emotional damage done to the nervous system. We suggest to spray it around the room, on your pillowcase, and even on yourself for a last boost of freshness before sleeping.
- The Treat Yourself Massage Oil is an incredible way to pamper and nourish your skin before getting in bed. It leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated without the sticky sensation that some body oils tend to have. It sinks right into the skin, leaving you feeling cozy, and stress-free.